HOW TO BUILD AND SUSTAIN LEAN MUSCLE WITH PLANT-BASED PROTEIN
Show of hands who knows how to diet?
No one? Exactly.
There’s no hiding from the fact that in this day and age, there are so many different diets and dietary advice available to us, it can be more confusing than ever to know what constitutes both a healthy but also ethical diet.
With everyone eating greener than ever before and being more mindful of what they put in their mouths, healthy living has certainly become a rising trend in recent years.
Now more than ever we are seeing people shift towards a plant-based diet, however, there is a misconception amongst some that following this kind of eating plan can leave you lacking in protein, which is essential for building and maintaining lean muscle – especially for those who love to work out.
Though according to Healthyroo’s Partnering Nutritionist, Rebecca Gawthorne, that’s not the case.
Apparently by taking-on plant-based protein from the likes of Healthyroo’s coconut superfood protein powder, you can easily bridge the gap and tick off the RDI for all sorts of nutrients.
“As a general guideline, to build muscle, you need to be consuming a minimum of 1.2g-2g of protein per kilogram of body mass to ensure your protein needs are met,” says Rebecca.
So, using the Healthyroo Zest Slim, recipes for a quality Protein Summer Salad with Tahini Coconut Dressing is a wise move to achieve good health with plant-based protein. Here’s how…
Preparation time: 40 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
For the dressing:
- 3 Tbs of tahini
- 1 Tbs of Healthyroo ZEST SLIM
For the salad:
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large ripe avocado, diced
- 1 medium cucumber, diced
- 2 cups mixed salad greens, shredded
- 1 large Spanish onion, diced
- 150g Smoked Salmon (for vegan option, swap salmon for beans e.g. chickpeas)
- Olive oil for cooking
- Place olive oil in pan & heat. Cook onion. Add mushrooms and cook. Remove from heat.
- Place remaining salad veggies into salad bowl. Add onion & mushroom and combine.
- Add salmon (or protein alternative like chickpeas).
- In a small bowl, place tahini. Mix with a few tablespoons of water until a smooth & slightly runny consistency forms. Stir in Healthyroo ZEST SLIM until combined.
- Serve salad into bowls and drizzle dressing. Enjoy!
Image: Nourish Naturally